I received this from a Pastor friend of mine, and decided to publish it in my blog (It helped make me think much differently about reading the word of God).
You ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
1 What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
2. What if we flipped through it several time a day?
3. What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
4. What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
5. What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
6. What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
7. What if we used it when we travel?
8. What if we used it in case of emergency?
9. This is something to make you go….hmm…where is my Bible?
10. Oh, and one more thing.
11. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected, because Jesus already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities? And no dropped calls!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1 (New International Version)
Dear Lord we pray that we would treat Your word like we treat other things in our life. We thank you for giving the Bible to us. We pray that we would read it so we can become more like the people you would have for us to be. In Jesus' name, Amen.