Genesis 6:8 (NIV)
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
One of my favorite Bible stories is about Noah. As we get closer to Christmas in all the busyness here are some great lessons we can learn from the story of Noah.
1. Plan Ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
2. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone might ask you to do something REALLY big.
3. Don't listen to critics--do what has to be done.
4. Build on high ground.
5. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
6. Two heads are better than one.
7. Speed isn't always an advantage.
8. The cheetahs were on board, but so were the snails.
9. If you can't fight or flee--float!
10. Don't forget that we're all in the same boat.
11. Remember that the ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
12. Remember that the woodpeckers inside are often a bigger threat than the storm on the outside.
13. Don't miss the boat.
14. No matter how bleak it looks, if God is with you, there's always a rainbow on the other side.
Dear Lord, we thank You for Your Word and the lessons we can learn from the people found on the pages of our Bible. Help us completely trust You in everything. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.