Romans 1:5-6 (King James Version)
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
When Americans answer the telephone, most of them simply say, "Hello." Let’s look at the response in some different countries.
- Germans answer a ringing phone with their last name.
- In Denmark, the Danes will answer with both their first and last names.
- Russians say, "I’m listening."
- The curious French say, "Hello, who’s on the line?"
- Italians greet callers with "Ready" upon which the caller demands, "Who's speaking?"
- The Spanish give the command, "Speak!"
- The Chinese proclaim, "Hey, hey, who are you?"
If you live in a different country, I'd be interested in knowing what is your traditional way of answering a phone.
Just as there are different ways of answering phone calls, there are also different ways to answering a call from God. God has called each of us.
But those who are called by God have different ways of answering that call. Moses answered God's call by saying, "Who am I?" (Exodus 3:11). Gideon answered, "I am the least in my father's house." (Judges 6:15). Zechariah answered, "How shall I know this?" (Luke 1:18). Isaiah answered, "Here am I. Send me." (Isaiah 6:8).
How will you answer God's call in your life? It's a call that demands much from you (God calls asking for nothing less than everything you have), but it is a call that offers the presence of God in your life as you fulfill your calling. Will you answer His call? Will you be the man or woman of God that He has called you to be? Are you willing to accept the responsibility that God has laid on you?
Dear Lord we pray that when You call, we will answer. We thank You that You are always there and ready to help us. In Jesus name, Amen.
Post a Comment