Romans 10:15 (NIV)
And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Today I had Tarsal Tunnel surgery. As I was preparing for the surgery I was thinking about an appropriate devotion. Since my surgery was on my foot I thought I would focus in the foot in the devotion. One of my favorite people in the Bible for a number of reason is Peter. I thought it would be fun to look at Peter’s feet.
1. At one time Peter had wayward feet, but Andrew brought him to Jesus.
2. And then one night Peter had some wet feet because he was walking on the water.
3. Then he had washed feet when Jesus knelt before him and washed his feet (John 13).
4. He had wandering feet when he denied the Lord.
5. My Favorite is he had willing feet. "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace" (Rom 10:15).
As I come out of surgery my foot will be bandaged and will require a time of healing. I will have plenty of time to think about what kind of feet I have.
Today I ask you what kind of feet do you have?
Dear Lord, we thank You for being the great physician. And for the way You take care of each of us. Today we ask that our feet would be “willing feet”. Help us do the things that You would have for each of us to do. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.