As we take a look at the house cat we can learn some important lessons.
1. Pounce on opportunity. He who hesitates, misses catching the passing lizard.
2. Patience. Infinite patience...
3. Concentration. A cat studying an opportunity just beyond his grasp is the perfect example of focused attention. He doesn't even blink as he tunes out all distractions. His body is completely still except for his wildly twitching tail releasing his nervous energy.
4. Nothing is worth disturbing your beauty sleep.
5. Catnap. Even a few moments of shut-eye is refreshing.
6. If you're happy, purr. Show your appreciation by letting people know that you like what they do.
7. Do cat stretches - as we age, gentle stretching is one of the best things we can do for our bodies.
8. Wrestle with your best friend. It’s good to be playful.
9. Eat when you're hungry and not by the clock.
10. Ask for what you want. If you are lovable and patient, you will probably get it.
11. You can't have everything you want. If you put your claws where they don't belong, you're going to get spanked.
12. Revel in life's simple pleasures. A ball of string is magic. Catnip is heavenly.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.
- Colossians 3:23 (New International Version)
Dear Lord we pray that we would do our very best in all that we do. In Jesus’ name, Amen.