One of my pets was a hamster. As I thought about Hammy our pet hamster I wondered what lesson could we learn from him? Below are a few we could learn from a hamster.
1. Hammy was thrilled when we gave him a small carrot stick or a grape as a treat. It's a reminder to appreciate small gifts and favors.
2. Hammy use to shred ordinary cotton balls, transforming them into a comfortable bed. Get creative with what you already have instead of wishing for more.
3. Hammy would run in his wheel for hours not going anywhere -- but every morning he woke up wiggling his little nose ready for another day. Work, family and friends will occasionally run you ragged. Sometimes all you can do is put up with what is going on around you, get a good night's sleep and make tomorrow better.
4. Hammy lived alone in his cage and kept himself busy most of the time, but he always allowed us to pick him up and take him places. Be open to new people and opportunities.
5. Hammy rarely made a noise not even squeaked, because he was so quite we had to listened carefully when he made a noise. remember to listen more carefully to those around you before opening your mouth. Make an effort to chose your words more carefully.
There you have it a few lesson you can learn from that little ball of fluff we call a hamster.
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
-1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)
Dear Lord we pray that we would learn these lessons from a hamster. We pray that we would appreciate the small things in life, and that we would watch the things we say. We pray that we would have words of blessing for those around us. In Jesus' name, Amen
Post a Comment