Ephesians 5:4 (ESV)
Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
Oct 11, 2017 I had L2-L5 fused in my back to help correct my genetically narrow spinal canal. As I lay here I thought it would be fun to share some post-op thoughts I've had while recovering since surgery one week ago today.
1. Who knew a person could sleep this much?
2. Does my body really need THIS much sleep to recover?
3. Oh no, I think I pulled my staples.
4. I'm pretty sure I definitely pulled my staples.
5. I'm probably going to bleed to death and die and nobody will know.
6. I DIDN'T PULL my Staples! PRAISE GOD
7. When is the medicine going to kick in?
8. I think it's time for another nap.
9. That makes this my third nap today.
10. Is four naps in one day too excessive?
11. My body needs to recover so that justifies it, right?
13. Wow, I am glad I have such a high pain tolerance.
14. Now would be a good time to write another blog, if only I could concentrate
15. HOW HAS IT ONLY BEEN AN HOUR SINCE MY LAST PAIN PILL.
16. I can catch up on some woodworking books and make plans for my shop
17. I can binge watch some YOUTube vidoes for Christmas ideas.
18. Or I could take another nap...
19. Dear Lord, I have never felt this tired.
20. I'm truly thankful for modern medicine.
21. Wow, I want ice cream.
22. ...and French fries.
23. I wonder when I will break the 1000 steps in a day mark again?
24. How much longer until I can start walking around the neighborhood?
25. When can I drive? I really want to drive to get ice cream.
26. WOW, I'm tired
27. Where is my calendar for our mission trip?
28. Time for another nap.
29. No pain no gain, right?
30. I could crawl to the kitchen and make a snack, right?
31. No I shouldn’t
32. I could do some online shopping while laying on couch.
33. I'll just take another nap.
All silliness aside I am Thankful for how God is working through me. My prayer is that God will use each of us in a mighty way TODAY.
Dear Lord, we pray that no matter our circumstance that we will allow You to use them. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.