John 13:34-35 (ESV)
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
As I am dealing with some unknown health issues I have done a lot of thinking. One of the things that came across my mind was how I miss Diamond. Diamond was our pound puppy that we had to have put down in August due to her failing health and strength. As I thought about her today I thought about some of the lessons I learned from her about love.
If Diamond were to teach you about love and life in general here is what she would say:
1. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
2. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride with family.
3. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
4. Take naps.
5. Stretch before rising.
5. Run, romp, and play daily.
6. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
7. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
8. On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
9. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
10. When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
11. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
12. Be loyal.
13. Never pretend to be something you're not.
14. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
15. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
As a good friend of mine always reminds me, “Love is the answer.” Take the time today to share the love that God has put in your heart.
Dear Lord, we thank You for all that You do for us, especially for loving us. Help us to share that love today. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.