Saturday, December 11, 2010
1. "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"
2. "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
4. "The present state of America is truly alarming to every man who is capable of reflection."
5. "Swim or sink, live or die, survive or perish with my country was my unalterable determination."
6. "Let our object be our country, our whole country, and nothing but our country."
10. "I would rather be dead than Red."
These men don’t have the same political persuasion, didn’t live in the same time, and sometimes disagreed among themselves. But each of them had a conviction that they stood for. Are you willing to stand for your convictions?
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11:1 (New American Standard Bible)
Dear Lord we pray that we would have strong convictions and that those convictions would be based on Your word. In Jesus name, Amen.