It has been 11 years since my dad passed through the gates into heaven. I have been thinking a lot about Dad’s time in heaven since he died and departed from this earth to his eternal home. I have been wondering what it was like to be absent from the body and present with the Lord.
I have had many thoughts go through my mind, some of great wonder, imagination and many questions. Things like:
1. What happened right after his last breath?
2. Did angels come and usher him right into the presence of God and Jesus?
3. Did he hear “Well done, good and faithful servant” immediately?4. What did he see? What did he hear?
5. What did he feel?
6. When I prayed to God and asked Jesus to tell my Dad thank you for a good life lived and that I love him, did he tell him?
7. Did he see people that he led to Christ?
8. Did he see people that he was surprised to see?9. Did he meet Paul? What about all the other “biggie saints” like Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, Joshua, David, Solomon, Mary and Joseph, John the Baptist, the 12 apostles, early church fathers, John Calvin, Martin Luther and thousands upon thousands other believers? Did he see his mom or his dad?
10. Did he see an amazing host of angels?
11. Were the streets really of gold?
12. Was there a mansion? (Will mine be next door?)
13. Did he see the true heavenly tabernacle spoken of in Hebrews 9 and 10?
14. Did he see the heavenly hosts getting ready for the return of Jesus?
15. Did he see the armies of God?16. Did he see the new and true Jerusalem being prepared?
With all these questions it is a great comfort to know that I will see him again someday. My dad Ronald L Yahr Sr is my hero! He is the reason I am the man I am today. I pray that when it is my time to leave this Earth that I will leave a legacy as great as my dad.
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 1:3- 6 (New International Version)
Dear Lord we thank you for our parents. We thank you for the time they spend to mold us into the people we are. In Jesus’ name, Amen
Post a Comment