As we get ready to start a new year I thought it would be fun in this technological revolution to list some basic guidelines when using your cell phone. So here they are the Ten Commandments of cell phone etiquette.
1. Thou shalt not subject defenseless others to cell phone conversations.
2. Thou shalt not set thy ringer to play La Cucaracha every time thy phone rings.
3. Thou shalt turn thy cell phone off during public performances.
4. Thou shalt not wear more than two wireless devices on thy belt..…
5. Thou shalt not dial while driving..
6. Thou shalt not wear thy earpiece when thou art not on thy phone.
7. Thou shalt not speak louder on thy cell phone than thou would on any other phone
8. Thou shalt not grow too attached to thy cell phone
9. Thou shalt not attempt to impress with thy cell phone..
10. Thou shalt not slam thy cell phone down on a restaurant table just in case it rings.
Most of these seem like common sense, but they all get broken every day. Why not in the New Year try to follow these. More importantly than following these lets set it as our goal to follow the Ten Commandments that were given to us by God.
37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
- Matthew 22:37-40 (New King James Version)
Dear Lord we pray that we will enter the New Year with the goal of following the rules you have set for us. In Jesus’ name, Amen