STUFF THAT WAS SAID IN THE 1950S:
1. "That drive-through restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on. Who would want to order something at a window while still in your car?"
2. "There is no sense going to Lincoln or Omaha anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15 a night to stay in a hotel."
3. "Anymore, no one can afford to be sick. $35 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."
4. "If a few idiots want to risk their necks flying across the country that's fine, but nothing will ever replace trains."
5. "I don't know about you but if they raise the price of coffee to 15 cents, I'll just have to drink mine at home."
6. "If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it. I'll have my wife learn to cut hair."
7. "We won't be going out much anymore. Our baby sitter informed us she wants 50 cents an hour. Kids think money grows on trees."
8. "Cars that dim there lights by sensors, automatic transmissions, and who knows what else? Pretty soon they will drive themselves."
We have to remember that God will never change. If we have a relationship with Him, He will never leave us. He will always be there to help us through. God says that He has made everything beautiful in its time.
There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
- Ecclesiastes 3:1 (New American Standard)
Dear Lord we thank you that you are in control. Help us as things change that we will trust you and know that you will make everything beautiful. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Post a Comment