18 Give ear, our God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. 19 Lord, listen! Lord, forgive! Lord, hear and act! For your sake, my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name.”
As we strive to show God’s love how many of us have these circumstances and thoughts.
- Play church without really knowing You.
- Condemn others without even trying to walk in their shoes.
- Consider eternity as utterly boring, as an unending church service, without contemplating your promises uttered in your love letters addressed to us.
- Prioritize our to-do lists without considering time to draw close to you.
- Value our leisure more than the needs of the oppressed.
- Consume the riches of our planet without admiring the beauty of your creation.
- Neglect our marriages without assuming our responsibilities.
- Ignore the plight of our own children as if our passions are of more value.
- Are consumed with fear of the unknown, without even considering that trusting You will grant us inner peace.
- Make a nothing of eternity and an eternity of nothing.
- Are absorbed with thoughts of self instead of reaching out towards the unlovable.
- Are more concerned about our upcoming bills than sharing Your love with the hopeless.
As His follower have we drifted so far away that we cannot discern the footsteps left by You? Have we become so complacent with the unfulfilling attractive promises of this world that the word "love" has become extinct among us?
Let’s ask the Lord to revive us! Holy Spirit come and reignite Your everlasting love. Fill us with your passion for the lost and may we stand united, loving one another deeply, so that the hopeless can now the loving God who cares for them.
Dear Lord thank You for hearing our plea. Thank you for helping us to become more loveable. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.