For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Congratulations on finishing another year! As we enter the New Year it’s a fresh slate for everyone, a reminder of God’s grace and forgiveness. If you’re tired of penning a list of resolutions but never seeing them fulfilled it’s not too late. Borrow these six powerful, yet simple resolution ideas and take off running into the New Year!
1. I will love more. Instead of focusing on losing weight or exercising, ask God to help you love more. That’s a worthy resolution.
2. Commit to seeing people saved. Get back to the basics this year. Resist the urge to nest over your chicks — go find that lost sheep. Ask God for a specific number of souls each month, steadily increasing your goal every month or quarter.
3. Enable others by using the gifts God gave you. As a Christian, part of our mandate is to reach and teach others.
4. Keep it simple. Instead of making things complicated keep everything as simple as possible. Don’t do so much that you and everyone else is confused.
5. Believe God. He can tell you some incredible things like “You are a deliverer,” or “You will preach my Word.” I think sometimes that God backs away from telling us His amazing plans because He sees our disbelief. Other times, He challenges our thinking with some bold statements. This year, commit to believing God in everything He declares.
6. Be prepared. Be prepared well in advance of the class you are teaching or for your meeting you are attending. What a difference it makes to walk in ready to go. Now that’s powerful!
Dear Lord, we thank You for the New Year that You have given to us. We pray that we would do the things that You have planned for us. In The Name of Jesus, Amen.