Genesis 2:7 (New International Version)
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
Below is a list of things some of my friends have sent to me that I don’t want to hear during surgery.
- Better save that. We’ll need it for the autopsy.
- Someone call the janitor. We’re going to need a mop.
- Bo! Bo! Come back with that! Bad dog!
- Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what’s that?
- Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before'
- Sterile, shcmerile. The floor’s clean, right'
- OK, now take a picture from this angle.
- Wait a minute, if this is his spleen, then what's that?
- Hand me that....uh....that uh....thingie.
- Oh no! I just lost my Rolex.
- Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before?
- Darn, there go the lights again...
- Ya know, there's big money in kidneys. Heck, the guy's got two of 'em.
- Everybody stand back! I lost my contact lens!
- Well folks, this will be an experiment for us all.
- Anyone see where I left that scalpel?
- Nurse, did this patient sign the organ donation card?
- Don't worry. I think it is sharp enough.
- FIRE! FIRE! Everyone get out now!!
- Darn! Page 47 of the manual is missing!
- Could you stop that thing from beating? It's throwing my concentration off..
- What's this doing here?
- I hate it when they're missing stuff in here..
- That's cool! Now can you make his leg twitch?!
- I wish I hadn't forgotten my glasses.
- Back in a minute. Gotta put more money in the meter.
All fun aside as I prepare for surgery today the one thing I DO want to hear is ‘Well done, good and faithful servant!” My hearts desire is to do what my Lord wants of me in whatever situation I am in.
I need to be preparing to share the hope of the Gospel and the lessons I have learned with others who are suffering the same way as I am. Throughout this journey God has taught me many things. I look forward to being able to help others see how God continues to work through everything. One of the verse that brings real peace to me during times like this is Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Thanks for all those that have prayed for me today.
Dear Lord we pray that You will continue to lead and guide each of us. We thank You for the lessons we learn each day and we pray that we will see how we can use them to help others. In Jesus’ name, Amen.