For as long as I can remember, Mother’s have always had something to say about every crisis, every situation, every mistake and every spilled glass of milk…
- A little soap & water never killed anybody.
- Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.
- Answer me when I ask you a question!
- Are you going out dressed like that?
- Are your hands broken? Pick it up yourself! I’m not your maid!
- As long as you live under my roof, you’ll do as I say.
- Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
- Call me when you get there, just so I know you’re okay.
- Close the door! You don’t live in a barn.
- Did you brush your teeth?
- Did you comb your hair?
- Do you think I’m made of money?
Not only do Mother’s have something to say about things, but they seemingly know what is best for their children…
- Don’t run in the house.
- Don’t sit too close to the television, it’ll ruin your eyes.
- Don’t talk with your mouth full!
- Don’t walk away when I’m talking to you!
- Eat your vegetables, they’re good for you.
- Don’t eat that, you’ll get worms!
- Don’t go out with a wet head, you’ll catch cold.
- Don’t make me get up!
- Don’t pick that scab, it’ll get infected.
Besides teaching children to eat healthy, to wash behind the ears and say please and thank you … one of the BEST things that a mother can teach her child is to love God with all of their heart.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
Dear Lord, we thank you for our mothers. We pray that we will always heed what they tell us and honor them for all they do for us. In Jesus’s name, Amen